Boys Varsity Basketball
Help is needed!
Need all of you to please text your parents….
Help needed for our October 16 Shootout at Riverside
1. Volunteers for 10/16: we need help running a snackbar at three of the schools. Adults are needed wherever we collect $. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4aa5ab2ba4f94-basketball
2. DONATIONS needed to stock the snackbar. As we have done the past few shootouts, we have a coordinator setting up the snackbar. That’s Mrs. Ullsperger. She will make a Costco run midweek. You may contact her at email@example.com. Monetary donations are easiest and can be sent to @christine-ullsperger (last phone digits 8905), and can be placed in Mrs. Ullserperger’s school mailbox or can be brought to practice on Tuesday. Please send in before Thursday at 8 am as the Costco run will be on Thursday.
REMAINING GREEN DAYS - Fall 2021
(Due to space constraints and participation, we split into groups at times. Please attend the session with your designated level for the fall)
Group 1 = Gr. 11-12 / Group 2 = Gr. 9 – 10
Tuesday, October 12 Group 1 @ RV-Main 6:30-8:30 pm / Group 2 @ RV-Main 8:00-9:30 pm
Thursday, October 14 All: Blue Day 4:20-6:00 pm
Friday, October 15 All: RV-Gyms - Practice & Set-Up – 4:20-6:45 pm - Group 1
Group 2 is TBD for 10/15
Saturday, October 16 PRCS & Riverside Fall Shoot Out
Tuesday, October 19 All: Blue Day 4:20-6:00 pm
Thursday, October 21 All: Blue Day 4:20-6:00 pm
Monday, October 25 Group 1 @ Belmont Main 4:20-6:00 pm / Group 2 @ 6:00-7:30 pm
Tuesday, October 26 All: Blue Day 4:20-6:00 pm
Thursday, October 28 All: Blue Day 4:20-6:00 pm & Try-Out Info Meeting – Weight Room
Thursday, October 28 *All: RV-Aux - TBD Shooting Workouts
* Green = green day (on court)
* Blue = blue day (strength & conditioning)
*Players must attend practices regularly in order to be considered for the Fall Shoot Out events.
*Athletic paperwork must be on file in the A.D's office.
*Try-Outs are November 8, 9 & 10 immediately after school.
*Players trying out for the basketball program make a commitment to their team and the program. RVHS Basketball events take priority over any other sport or non-class related requirements. We practice over vacations and Holidays including Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, Martin Luther King, Lunar New Year and Presidents Days.
* Players who make the Varsity team will be travelling to Charlottesville, VA on 12/28-12/30 for a Holiday Tourney. There might be travel costs per player, depending on off-season fundraising.
*Participating in off-season events helps prepare players for try-outs. Making the team or certain level is not guaranteed.
- Saturday, November 13 After 1 pm – MS Team Camp Fundraiser
- Saturday, November 20 6-11 pm at Riverside H.S.
Practices & games occur over the Holidays. Family Vacations are not excused absences. Please plan accordingly. At this time, this is what we can foresee as days off over the Holidays:
Thanksgiving Holiday Week:
Tuesday, Nov 23 – Home Scrimmage for all 3 levels.
Wednesday & Thursday, Nov 24-25 - OFF
Friday Nov 26 - Varsity team returns to practice in the late afternoon.
Saturday, Nov 27 – All 3 levels will practice as first game is Monday November 29.
JV is TBD as they maybe in a tourney December
Varsity will be off December 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, & January 1.
Varsity WILL PRACTICE December 22, 23, 27, 31 & January 3.
Fr will be off December 20-26
Fr & WILL PRACTICE December 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 & January 3.
Thursday, December 28 to Thursday, December 30– Varsity @ Charlottesville Holiday Tourney (overnight trip)